Contract Cover Policy
The Contract Cover Policy (CTP) is a Policy designed for Hong Kong exporters and manufacturers. The Policy not only provides the pre-shipment cover for your export business on credit terms or under payment terms of irrevocable letter of credit (ILC), but also provides the post-shipment cover for your export business on credit terms with goods shipped from Hong Kong and those transported directly from suppliers'' countries to their destination without passing through Hong Kong.
ECIC provides cover for such transactions under the Contract Cover Policy (CTP) as long as you are the principal in the contract of sale. All protection commences from the date of contract.
- Percentage of Indemnity as high as 90%
- Credit Assessment Services
- Collateral for Discounting Export Bills
- Risk Management Services
- Sharing up to 90% of Your Expenses for Pursuing Debts
Scope of Cover
The CTP covers both your domestic exports and re-exports from Hong Kong or from the following countries or areas:
- Mainland China
- Korea, South
- Sri Lanka
All contracts concluded on payment terms of Documents Against Payment (DP), Documents Against Acceptance (DA), Open Account (OA) and under payment terms of irrevocable letter of credit (ILC) are covered.
All shipments made under contracts concluded on payment terms of Documents Against Payment (DP), Documents Against Acceptance (DA) and Open Account (OA) are covered.
Risks covered can be classified as buyer risks and country risks.
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Default in payment
- Repudiation of the contract by the buyer before shipment or the failure to take delivery of goods after the shipment
- Blockage or delay in foreign exchange remittance
- Cancellation of import licence
- Import ban
- Payment moratorium
- War, revolution, riot and natural disaster
- For all events of loss, the maximum percentage of indemnity is 90%.
- For insolvency or bankruptcy of the buyer, claims are settled as soon as all relevant documents are submitted.
- Where the buyer fails to pay for goods he has taken delivery of, claims are settled 4 months from the due date of payment.
- Where the buyer fails or refuses to take delivery of the goods, claims are settled immediately after the resale of goods.
- For any other event of loss, claims are settled 4 months after the occurrence of the event.
Premium rates are calculated on the basis of the volume of insurable business, the spread of risks, the destination and the terms of payment. In general, the riskier the country and the longer the credit periods, the higher the premium rates.
All information provided to the Corporation will be kept strictly confidential. ECIC staff is required to take an oath of secrecy as provided under Section 31 of the Hong Kong Export Credit Insurance Corporation Ordinance (Chapter 1115). The Corporation is a “public body” under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance. Staff members are not permitted to accept any advantage from customers. Anybody offering any advantage to the staff for any assistance in their capacity as public servants under the Ordinance commits an offence.
For enquiries and application procedures, please contact us at 2732 9988.