Freight Forwarding Services Policy
Scope of Cover
The Freight Forwarding Services Policy (FFSP) is a Policy designed for Hong Kong freight forwarding companies. The Policy covers your freight forwarding and related services to overseas clients, local exporters who are carrying on business with customers outside Hong Kong and local freight forwarders who are performing services for Hong Kong exporters.
All freight forwarding and related services rendered which require payment by the client within a period of not exceeding 180 days after the completion of services rendered are covered.
- Percentage of Indemnity as high as 90%
- Credit Risk Assessment
- Collateral for Financing
- Sharing up to 90% of Your Expenses for Pursuing Debts
Risks covered can be classified as commercial risks and country risks.
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Default in payment
- Blockage or delay in foreign exchange remittance
- Payment moratorium
- War, revolution, riot and natural disaster
- For all events of loss, the maximum percentage of indemnity is 90%.
- For insolvency or bankruptcy of the client, claims are settled as soon as practicable upon receipt of all relevant documents.
- Where the client fails to pay for services rendered, claims are settled 4 months from the due date of payment.
- For any other event of loss, claims are settled 4 months after the occurrence of the event.
Premium rates are calculated on the basis of the volume of insurable business, the spread of risks, the client’s country and the terms of payment. In general, the riskier the client’s country and the longer the credit periods, the higher the premium rates.
All information provided to the Corporation will be kept strictly confidential. ECIC staff is required to take an oath of secrecy as provided under Section 31 of the Hong Kong Export Credit Insurance Corporation Ordinance (Chapter 1115). The Corporation is a “public body” under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance. Staff members are not permitted to accept any advantage from customers. Anybody offering any advantage to the staff for any assistance in their capacity as public servants under the Ordinance commits an offence.
For enquiries and application procedures, please contact us at 2732 9988.